Only sworn or authorised translators may have the correctness of their translation confirmed by an official stamp. Officially sworn-in or authorised interpreters and translators are those interpreters and translators who have taken an oath at a regional court, a higher regional court or an internal affairs authority. This oath is valid before all federal and state courts, in accordance with Section (§), paragraph 189 (2) of Germany’s Judicature Act (GVG). Anyone wishing to study or work abroad will need certified translations of the documents relating to their civil status, as well as certificates or other documentation.
We translate and certify the following types of document, among others
- Testimonials from employers
- Medical certificates
- Certificates of no impediment to marriage
- Certificates of good conduct
- Birth certificates
- Legal judgements
- Expert reports
- Extracts from the commercial register
- Registration certificates
- Notarial deeds
- Certificates of marital status
- Divorce certificates
- Powers of authority (proxies)
- and much more besides.